I’m EXCITED! The Next Event is 10th November.
If you haven’t seen the swishy, sparkly video I created all by myself check it out on the events page here. I’m back to planning pamper events and indulgence nights and I love it, I’ve got the buzz back, it’s awesome. This time round I’m trying to do as much as humanly possible to support the event, the traders and make it stand out as a fabulous evening for all the lovely ladies attending. We have goody bags, fashion shows, demonstrations and over 40 therapists & traders to shop and get pampered from, I love all that goes into it.
Speaking of what I love about the events, that’s why I got started writing today. Here are
10 things I love about organising the Be You Beautiful Pamper Events & Indulgence Nights.
- The fear I have to push through to break my comfort zone and get started. Oh my god if you knew how many events I’d actually ‘planned’ this year, you’d laugh. I was just to scared to launch. So those first few phone calls where I push through the barrier I love that. It proves how much I want it’s makes me feels stronger, it gets me more pumped for the event.
- Connecting back up with businesses I love! I have actually been organising events just like this for almost 8 years. What I really love about this is some of the traders like Toxic Angel Jewellery, For Girlys Boutique and a few more have all been working with me since the start, they get me, they know my events and it’s an added bonus that I love to shop both of the ones mentioned as soon as they start laying out their tables!
- Meeting new businesses and the people behind them. Whilst it’s lovely to have the ongoing support with those I know, it’s really great to here someone’s passion when describing their business to me for the first time. It’s fab to meet the people behind the websites, social media and emails. I have always loved meeting new people so this is a really great part of the job, plus people get me and my energy more face to face. I think!
- Supporting Charities in the process. We have a charity raffle on the evening because all the businesses involved donate a prize. We have my nan and aunt sorting the tickets (they are legends and I do believe the sole reason that some people attend the events!). We choose a different charity each time and try and do our best whilst raising money, to spread as much of their message as we can. I have some extra ways people will be helping charity at the next event. I thought outside the box and I’m quite excited to announce it along with our chosen charities in two weeks time.
- Supporting and Shopping Local. I know how much effort it takes to start a business, I know how much effort it requires to keep going, it’s a lot and at times I thought about giving up. So I try and shop local whenever I can. Even to the point I buy cards from my mum, I refuse to have them for free (she undervalues herself far too much already) and I’d rather I have something beautiful, unique and made by her than store brought. (It’s a great idea anyway, now if I could get into the habit of actually delivering people’s cards would be even better!)
- The Response & Reaction when I launch the event, it’s really heart warming and it makes me feel more confident in what I’m doing when people tell me they are pleased or excited the events are back, it’s even more awesome…
- Saying Hello and Welcoming Guests on the evening. It’s lovely seeing familiar faces, it’s nice that it’s a night of luxury and indulgences so everyone’s chatty and haply. The room is always full of natter and laughter, it’s a real buzz and it flies by super quick
- The fluster I get in. It is ironic considering how much I bloody prepare. It just reminds me to go with the flow a little bit I can’t control everything. One year I ran round apologising to traders that it had started snowing because you know I ordered the weather!
- The personal feeling of accomplishment once I have pulled it off. I know I have lots of support in the people around me, I know I have lots of businesses working with me and shouting about the event, I know I didn’t do this JUST ME. But it started just me and at some point in the evening I normally have a little pause to take stock of what happens when I keep pushing through the little barriers. I’m proud of myself.
- Everyone else’s feedback and reactions. I like providing a night that others really enjoy, I like that women take time out, I like that it’s a night for groups of friends to catch up, I like that the businesses do well and meet new clients as well as catch up with old ones.
There is so much that’s great about these evenings. It’s a pretty awesome feeling getting so many people together. This is the first one since the two small children, so understandably I’m still nervous and scared I’ll forget or mess something up but I don’t think it will be to catastrophic, I plan to much for that!
If you live in the North Kent area and would like a great night out with your friends come along, check our latest events and be sure to share.